A guide for how we can pray for the lost to come to Jesus. Seek God’s face and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you how to apply the points below. With God the impossible is possible.
Why should we pray for the lost?
- Out of love – if we love our neighbor as ourselves we will want him or her to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior too.
- Out of holy fear – if we realize that Hell is for real and for eternity then we will not want our friends, family or neighbors to go there.
- Out of knowledge of the nature of God – who loves to be merciful and desires that all men should be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.
- Out of knowledge of the power of prayer – prayer succeeds when all else has failed. It is the only way we have of asking God to move in someone’s life and heart
The Way to Pray for the Lost
- Against there minds that is blinded (2 Cor 4:4)
- Ask God to open their eyes (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)
- Ask God to convict them (John 16:8)
- Ask God to Draw them to Him. (John 6:44,65)
- Pray against their resistance (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
- Ask God to Send Someone, you or ANYONE to share Christ with them. (Matt 10:1ff)
- Pray for the Opportunity, the Words and the Boldness to speak the gospel (Colossians 4:2-3)
- Pray For God to be glorified (2 Thessalonians 3:1)
Have a blessed day